Friday, February 24, 2012

Convert MySQL script to SQL Server script

Hi there,

I have a few MySQL scripts that I need to run in SQL Server. However the
syntax is just slightly different and I was wondering if there is a tool out
there that can quickly convert these scripts so that they will work with SQL
Server?

Anyone have any ideas (other than manually converting them)?

Thanks,

Wes"Wes Graves" <wesgraves@.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<XSbfd.27529$Pl.741@.pd7tw1no>...
> Hi there,
> I have a few MySQL scripts that I need to run in SQL Server. However the
> syntax is just slightly different and I was wondering if there is a tool out
> there that can quickly convert these scripts so that they will work with SQL
> Server?
> Anyone have any ideas (other than manually converting them)?
> Thanks,
> Wes

I think, you can start mysql in ANSI mode and generate the scripts
with this standard which is ready to use in SQL server with no
modification. see the following page for more details:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ANSI_mode.html|||Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Wes

"Muharram Mansoorizadeh" <muharram_m@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:a85d0c0e.0410261616.2ce82b84@.posting.google.c om...
> "Wes Graves" <wesgraves@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:<XSbfd.27529$Pl.741@.pd7tw1no>...
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have a few MySQL scripts that I need to run in SQL Server. However the
>> syntax is just slightly different and I was wondering if there is a tool
>> out
>> there that can quickly convert these scripts so that they will work with
>> SQL
>> Server?
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas (other than manually converting them)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Wes
> I think, you can start mysql in ANSI mode and generate the scripts
> with this standard which is ready to use in SQL server with no
> modification. see the following page for more details:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/ANSI_mode.html

No comments:

Post a Comment