Thursday, March 29, 2012

Converting Date-Time to Date

Hi: I am new to Reporting Services.
My issue is that I have a Date-Time Field which I want to use as a column heading for a crosstab. However since there are multiple date entries with varying times I get multiple column headings. Could anyone tell me how to convert this datetime field to a date field so that I only get one column per day.
ThanksThere are are number of VB.Net functions for manipulating dates which you
could use for this.
The simplest (but probably not most efficient) way would be to convert the
date to a string then back to a date: =CDate(CStr(Fields!DateTime.Value))
You might want to consider doing the conversion in your query instead.
--
My employer's lawyers require me to say:
"This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights."
"SAcanuck" <SAcanuck@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F6AFC614-180B-4C75-94B8-DB3149275D3D@.microsoft.com...
> Hi: I am new to Reporting Services.
> My issue is that I have a Date-Time Field which I want to use as a column
heading for a crosstab. However since there are multiple date entries with
varying times I get multiple column headings. Could anyone tell me how to
convert this datetime field to a date field so that I only get one column
per day.
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment